2008-08-24

Still learning

Old ME:

You know what, today, I finally started my Spanish learning,formally, I mean.

It's very interesting. I want to tell you that I've learned 1-10, they are "udo, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, séis, siete, ocho, nueve, dieze". I can pronunce most of them correctly but also find "tres" and "cuatro" are a little bit hard to fight with.

The "r" thing, you know, kinda like antient Spanish people created the language during they were spitting to each other or they were imitating Tarzan to shout at the sky, that's why their tongues and vocal cords can shiver like that.

But there's an easier thing, the 5 vowel "a e i o u" pronunce the same at anytime, so that I can speak out when I see the words.

Besides, I have learnt that with the accent put in different places, "papa" can mean both "dad" and "potato".How fun it is!

Oops, the worst thing I had always worried about happened, when I saw the English words spelled with "r", my brain would be messed up at least for 30 seconds, and my tongue couldn't find its direction too.

What a dillema!

So, old Renee, could you tell me, when you were 35, can you speak Spanish proficiently? If so, I will work harder with hope!!

No comments: