2008-02-06

important decision

'The most important decision in my life.' Well,that's the topic of tomorrow's presentation.

I come to Web almost everyday, for I'm taking a long vacation now,and I don't know how long it will last.Because 3 weeks ago, I quit my job as a journalist which I had done for 4 years. Till now,I still don't know whether my decision is right or wrong,but one thing I can make sure is that it's very important,for my life will be changed because of this big decision.

There's no doubt that this job gave me a lot.It helped me know better about the society,get more new information from the authorities,deal with all kinds of people and also promote my learning ability. Besides, I did a good job.

In spite of all these glamour of this occupation,I'm not willing to continue. In a matter of fact,it's hard to find some specific reasons to explain this decision.I just want to say that I like changes. Life is so short,I'd like to make it more colorful,why don't we do something just as what we want to?

I'm unemployed now and some changes have been taking place in my daily life. First,and the most important thing is that I have no income anymore. I can't do shopping as I did in past time,the first thing I do is to look at the price tag when I step into a shop,what a pity,and sometimes I just even can do the window-shopping. But on the other hand, my life becomes more simple and peaceful,I don't need to concern about the things which are none of my business,I can turn off my cell phone whenever I want, I can regard each day as a holiday,and I can have a good sleep everyday.

Of course,I feel confused sometimes,especially when I am reading the newspaper or watching TV news. I would have done the same things if I hadn't quit my job. The day I handed in my resignation was the day before the earthquake.I always think that if I had been stuck to my position,I would have gone to Sichuan and done something meaningful.

Well,stop imagining, I must look forward to my future. I don't have specific plans but only some unclear directions.I want to do something international,such as international communication,cultural exchanges or something,that's why I came to study here. Whatever this decision will bring about to me, a big lesson or a big break,I have to accept them.Unemployment is a kind of experience of life too, what I need to do now is just waiting for a better future.

No comments: